This is the installation guide for BMW 5 series F10 F11 android Navigation GPS system. You can buy the android screen [B224] from our
1. When the BMW Z4 (E89) has a factory screen (CIC system),or with a storage box,you can order our model
2, If your car without storage box (nor factory screen), there is no way to install our model,don't order it.
3, When BMW Z4 with factory screen (CIC), the factory iDrive knob can work in original CIC menu and Android menu.
4. If there is storage box on the dashboard of your BMW Z4(E89), then your car does not equip with the factory iDrive knobs either. You can only operate it via touchscreen, but you can order an iDrive knob from us (extra cost)
5. The screen is fixed, it does not like the factory BMW Z4(E89) screen which can flip down.
6. To install this Android BMW Z4 Navigation, your Z4(E89) must equip with AUX IN port to get sound.
If there is no AUX IN port on your car, please DO NOT buy this model.
7. This model can not install to BMW Z4 E85, it is just for E89 only!
8. Both left hand drive & right hand drive car type are ok to install our android screen.
1: Before installation（right hand drive same as left hand drive)
2, Pull up the cover around the gear (don't remove it from the gear)
3: Remove the cover in central console (so that to install the idrive and arrange the
AUX cable under this cover) 4: Remove the frame around the factory Radio panel
5: The cover was removed 6: Remove 4 screws and take out the factory
radio head unit, and remove all the harness on the back of head unit
7: Remove the 2 optical fiber cables from the factory harness and insert it to
our power cable (female connector) 8: Remove the plastic cover
( there is 5 screws to fix this cover, please notice there is 1 screw on the side of the cover)
9, After take off the screws, the cover can be removed
10, There are 3 connectors on the back , remove all of them
11,After take off 2 screws, the AC Vents can be removed.
12, Remove the cover on top (be carefull, there is a speaker and a sensor under this cover)
13, Remove the 4 screws showed as below photo,so that to remove the cover of factory monitor
14, The cover for factory monitor can be remove: just slide forward then will be ok.
15, Remove the cover showed as below 16, Now the factory monitor can be removed
17,Remove all the connections on the back of factory monitor
18, Arrange the power cable/USB/GPS antenna to the back of our android screen,
then insert all harness to the android screen
19, Install the android screen 20, If you order the models with iDrive,
don't forget to connect the idrive connector.
21, You also notice to connect the AUX cable,otherwise, it will no sound output
22, Connect all harness to the back of factory radio head unit
23, Install the idrive knob in the central console 24, Recover the car dashboard